If you are looking to get into the field of teaching, scholarships for college can be a very important tool for funding your education. College is expensive, and those entering the teaching field often do not land jobs offering high wages or salaries. Fortunately, there are many scholarships for teachers and applying for as many scholarships for teachers as you can, will help drive down the amount of debt you will acquire in receiving your teaching degree. It is important to use a variety of search methods when searching for scholarships for teachers (such as the web, speaking with the financial aid department at your school, etc.), to ensure that you are finding all of the scholarships for teachers that are available to you. To get you started we have provided you with 10 Scholarships for Teachers below:
1. American Montessori Society Teacher Education Scholarship Fund: Scholarships for teachers awarded each year to up to 20 students enrolled in an undergraduate education program.
2. The Coca-Cola Foundation Teacher Scholarships: Yearly nationwide scholarships for teachers.
3. Applegate/Jackson/Parks Future Teacher Scholarship: Scholarships for teachers for undergraduate or graduate students.
4. Zeta Phi Beta Isabel M. Herson Scholarship in Education: Several undergraduate and graduate scholarships for teachers awarded yearly.
5. Straightforward Media Teacher Scholarship: Every three months this website gives out a $500 scholarship to students currently enrolled in a teaching program.
6. Common Knowledge Scholarship Foundation: Two scholarships for teachers awarded to freshmen students each year.
7. Paul Douglas Teacher Scholarships: High school students entering a program in education. It covers many fees, but will require students to commit to teaching for at least two years at a specific school after graduation.
8. AFT Robert G Porter Scholars Program: Up to 10 scholarships for teachers awarded yearly.
9. Alpha Kappa Alpha Educational Advancement Foundation Scholarship: Scholarships for teachers given to undergraduate or high school students interested in pursing a career in education.
10. National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Scholarship Fund: Nationwide scholarships for teachers.